history-genealogy site

This is a site where I will discuss my family genealogy research and related history. When a blog deals with a particular family group, I will try to include it in the title so uninterested people can skip it without skimming it. It is my hope to get feedback on research methods, family members and historical context from other historians, genealogists, and researchers. (c) Barbara L. de Mare 2006, 2007

Name:
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ijust received the following e-mail, and am elated:
BARBARA DEMARE'S APPLICATION HAS BEEN VERIFIED.........HER NATIONAL # WILL BE AVAILABLE APRIL 21ST........SHE WILL BE ACCEPTED BY NATIONAL SHORTLY..........
CONGRATULATIONS BARBARA..........
MARILYN
Now I can complete the applications of my grandchildren for CAR, and of my nieces and nephews who want to join. I joined through the Carpenter line, the progenitor of which was Samuel Carpenter who settled Pennsylvania with William Penn, and was the first Treasuer of the province. The Carpenters were Quakers, but Revolutionary War service was achieved bu eing paymaster and quartermaster for Salem and Gloucester Counties, New Jersey. Now I an going to apply for DAC, Daughters of American Colonists. I have decided to use a Fish line, probably Keteltas. My aim is to join the different organizations through different ancestors to document as many lines as possible. For the Mayflower Society I will have to use a Chapel line, as both of my known Mayflower ancestors come through this line. I am also being pressured to join Palatines to America. I will probably use the Eackers or the Herkimers for this. Huguenot Society also has several possibilities; I haven't decided which way to go for them. Now i am getting way ahead of myself. It took me long enough just to do the DAR! Not that it was difficult, I just don't have enough hours in a day. Barbara

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barbara, congratulations on joining the DAR! May you enjoy it as much as I have. (My kids love C.A.R., too.)

I had to grin when I read your comments about joining other organizations using other patriots. My applications to Mayflower, DAC, and DUV are in the works, all using different lines than the one I used for DAR. I think it's a great idea and am glad to know someone else thinks so too!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home