history-genealogy site

This is a site where I will discuss my family genealogy research and related history. When a blog deals with a particular family group, I will try to include it in the title so uninterested people can skip it without skimming it. It is my hope to get feedback on research methods, family members and historical context from other historians, genealogists, and researchers. (c) Barbara L. de Mare 2006, 2007

Name:
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States

Sunday, April 15, 2007

DAR/CAR

I have received word that my DAR application is almost approved. As soon as it is, my 4 grandchildren are anxiously waiting to send in their CAR applications. Yesterday they attended their first CAR meeting. Mandy handed out programs, Stephen led the America's Creed and Donald was a flag bearer. Timmy was supposed to be the other flag bearer, but decided not to go. They were all adorable. Poor Mandy had a bad stomach ache so didn't enjoy herself as much as she had hoped, but is now looking forward to the next meeting. That pretty much occupied my whole day. No chance for real research, homework, or anything else. I'll try again today to accomplish something, and have something good to write about. I have been contemplating the line I should use for my DAC application. I am trying to use different lines for different things so that more of my ancestors are well researched. It just makes a lot more work to put it all in the proper form, etc. I did spend a little time checking it out, and think the Keteltas, Hon. William Smith, Rene Het lines might be fun. Now to narrow it down to one of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home