history-genealogy site

This is a site where I will discuss my family genealogy research and related history. When a blog deals with a particular family group, I will try to include it in the title so uninterested people can skip it without skimming it. It is my hope to get feedback on research methods, family members and historical context from other historians, genealogists, and researchers. (c) Barbara L. de Mare 2006, 2007

Name:
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Grandchildren visit

I have been very bad at writing in here lately. My excuse for the past week is that my 4 grandchildren were visiting while my daughter was in Athabasca, Alberta, Canada, taking an ecology class. Very little genealogy was accomplished, but we did visit 6 cemeteries at the request of the kids. They love cemeteries, especially the ones with mud puddles. I also took then to the Bronx Zoo, the Brickmaking Museum in Rockland County, and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. On the Fourth of July we went to Washington's winter headquarters in Morristown, new Jersey, to hear the Declaration of Independence read. Then the middle two went hiking on thwe hiking trails by the Soldier's Huts while I sat in the car with #s 1 & 4 who had fallen asleep. While sitting there I finished my Mayflower book so had to go to the Vistor's Center for another. I got 1776 and a book about George Washington. Another day we hiked at Bear Mountain State Park. The 3 year old loves hiking--or should I say running. After hiking and and down hills all day she is still running at then end, crying she doesn't want to stop. They can definitely outlast me, but I wouldn't admit that to them! The last day they were here we went to Howell Living History Farm near Trenton. I thought it might be a family place, but is much more recent Howells. Now I have to seriously catch up at work and get my genealogy back under motion. i am desperately trying to get some filing done, but of course add to the piles faster than I can empty them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home