history-genealogy site

This is a site where I will discuss my family genealogy research and related history. When a blog deals with a particular family group, I will try to include it in the title so uninterested people can skip it without skimming it. It is my hope to get feedback on research methods, family members and historical context from other historians, genealogists, and researchers. (c) Barbara L. de Mare 2006, 2007

Name:
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Getting started; fun genealogy day

Hopefully I will be able to get this blog to work right. I was informed that comments couldn't be left, so hope I have solved that problem.. When I looked to see how to solve it, I also couldn't figure out how to post. If you are reading this, I at least managed to post. One of the major points of the blog is to permit comments, so hopefully that will now work. If not, I will get one of my non-technology-challenged children to help me out. I spent all day on genealogy fun activities, but no research. This morning I dealt with getting a website for the Phillips-Knapp Family Association. Hopefully before too long, you will read about its new website where you will be able to learn more than you ever wanted to know about the Phillips-Knapp Family. I then went to a lecture in Rockland Couty on DNA and genealogy. It was given by Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak, an expert in the field. Of course I had to buy her book, which she autographed for me. I learned a lot but still don't know much. I'll read the book. After I got home I made arrangements to meet an on-line genealogy friend who was in town from Virginia. We went to dinner and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. Nice to finally meet one of the people with whom I correspond! Hopefully comments can now be left on this, and I will get some real work done tomorrow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home