history-genealogy site

This is a site where I will discuss my family genealogy research and related history. When a blog deals with a particular family group, I will try to include it in the title so uninterested people can skip it without skimming it. It is my hope to get feedback on research methods, family members and historical context from other historians, genealogists, and researchers. (c) Barbara L. de Mare 2006, 2007

Name:
Location: Englewood, New Jersey, United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

My blog created; New Jersey research, Carpenters

This has been a bad genealogy day. All I have done is set up this site--hopefully successfully. My children both have blogs and tell me it is easy to do, so this is my attempt. Although I have done nothing today (or yesterday for that matter), I devoted almost all of Wednesday to genealogy and New Jersey history. I wanted to attend a lecture at the New Jersey Archives on East and West Jersey Proprietors, so left work at noon to go to Trenton. I found the Archives to be a friendly and helpful place. I had never been there before because they are only open during work hours. My research was devoted to early Carpenters--Samuel and his children and grandchildren. I found some interesting deeds and wills, and after I study and transcribe them I will write more about my finds. Suffice it to say now that it was a successful day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're more tech. advanced then I... very impressed with the attempt even :). Thanks for all your hard work.
Melanie

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, Very impressive. I am a decendan t of the Eacker Family and just love reading all I can about this clan that seems to have started in Palentine NY. I have a long list of names, back to 1744 but I love hearing about the actual lives. There is an EAcker road and I learned tonight there was an Eacker hotel!! Thanks for your info. Sincerely, Cheryl EAcker Briggs
tbriggs12025@hotmail.com

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home